Some things just need to be said...

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Conservative Blogger takes me to task

Kelowna Conservative blogger Ted Gerk has taken me to task for my posting on the Christian Right.


"I am so tired of slams against Bishop Fred Henry, James Dobson and now the Knights of Columbus. Gay activists seem to have lost the ability to argue from an intellectual standpoint...all they can do now is demonize their opponents into silence and submission." - Ted Gerk, Kelowna Politics, June 28, 2005

I do not class the Knights of Columbus a hate group, though some will. I recognize much good work they do. In fact in Williams Lake I know many KoC and they support my family and they do not promote hate.

I do feel that Bishop Henry has crossed the line, I do feel people like James Dobson do me and my family wrong when they say children cannot be raised properly by a gay man like myself. I do think that their actions in supporting removing children from their parents because they are gay is wrong.

If ripping apart families is not hate, then I do not know what is.

When checking out my fellow blogger Ted Gerk, please be respectful. We, although on opposite sides of several issues, have been able to discuss things.

For more information on social conservatives, Stephen Harper, gay, same-sex or equal marriage, James Dobson, gay evangelicalgelicals, Focus on the Family, Bishop Henry, The Pope, use the technorati search box in the side bar here and at Queer Thoughts.

Tags: , , , , ,, , , , , ,

No comments: