Some things just need to be said...

Friday, July 29, 2005

Rick's Jazzed up Kaslo adventure


I will be gone for a few days. Off to the KASLO JAZZ ETC. SUMMER MUSIC FESTIVAL. This is one of the most beautiful and superb places to attend a Jazz festival. The floating stage sits just offshore on the shores of Kootenay Lake.

Kaslo is a great place in the west Kootenay's north and west of one of my favourite communities, Nelson. The perfect escape for a long weekend, though I will be missing the Vancouver Pride events. Next year perhaps Pride, unless Jonny Lang turns up at Kaslo!

The weather is expected to be sunny, warm and if we are lucky no clouds. I will post my own pictures of the event when I get back, I expect sometime on Monday provided I can tear myself away from this fabulous place and people. I hope to run into Corky Evans, the MLA for the area. We share the same passion for politics, and Corky is one heck of a nice guy.

This year the Main Stage Acts: Colin Linden Ernie Watts & New Stories Jesse Cook La Candela Laila Biali Paul Peress Trio Rabnett 5 Sekoya What It Is and then we have the Up Stage Acts: Coils of Gold Eh Trane Ellen McIlwaine Flora Ware Lazy Poker My Attorney Bernie Paul & Laura Landsberg Playmore Dixie
The Tuques

I am most excited about the acts I have highlighted here, though I will enjoy them all. I saw Jesse Cook last year in Victoria thanks to a dear friend I miss. I will be meeting up with good friends and staying within a short walk of the festival site, so life should be easy.

The Cuban bands La Candela and Rabnett 5 look to be fun. Now I won't be able to indulge in my Kokanee beer as the event is sponsored in part by Nelson Brewing. They have been around for a 100 years or more and make pretty good stuff. I will let you know how it went.

Colin Linden rounds out a pretty darn impressive group of performers. I am ready to be surprised by the rest.

So until Monday, unless I get something off before I leave, enjoy your long weekend, drive "like someone loves you!"


tags: , , , , ,

No comments: